Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sufficient for ninety cookies.
- 2 cupfuls sugar
- 1 cupful Crisco
- ½ cupful thick sour milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoonful baking soda
- 1 teaspoonful salt
- 1 teaspoonful vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoonful lemon extract
- 5 cups flour (or so)
- First cream Crisco and sugar together, add eggs well beaten, soda mixed with sour milk, salt, extracts, and about 5 cupfuls flour.
- Roll very thin, cut with cookie cutter, lay on Criscoed tins, bake in moderately hot oven five minutes.
- To keep any length of time, when cold, place in covered tin cans and set in cool place, and they will be as crisp as when first baked.