Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cans (6½ oz each) clams, drained and ½ cup clam juice reserved
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 jarred hot cherry peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta following package directions.
- Add asparagus during last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add garlic and cook until just starting to color, stirring.
- Add clam juice and cook 1 minutes.
- Stir in clams, lemon juice, peppers and salt.
- Cook until heated through.
- Stir in butter and parsley.
- Toss the pasta and asparagus with the sauce.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil and serve immediately.