Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, chopped
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1½ cups slivered almonds, without skin, finely ground (don't over-process or they will turn to paste)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 mangoes
- 6 oz raspberries
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9 inch spring-form pan, line with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, (white chocolate wont melt into smoothness like dark chocolate does) don't over melt, set aside.
- Beat butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in 3 tbs sugar, then the egg yolks, beat well.
- Scrape in cooled chocolate, beat until blended.
- Add almonds and extract, beat until combined.
- Beat egg whites until peaks begin to form.
- Add remaining sugar, beating until whites are glossy and firm.
- Add a big dollop to cake batter and stir well, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Invert cake, remove paper.
- Shortly before serving, peel and coarsely chop mangoes, wringing out mango skins over the fruit.
- Add raspberries and juice of half a lime.
- Toss to mix, serve alongside the cake.