Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 12 servings
- 6 oz white baking chocolate, chopped
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 6 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1½ cups slivered almonds, without skin, finely ground (don't over-process or they will turn to paste)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 mangoes
- 6 oz raspberries
- juice of 1 lime
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 9 inch spring-form pan, line with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, (white chocolate wont melt into smoothness like dark chocolate does) don't over melt, set aside.
- Beat butter in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in 3 tbs sugar, then the egg yolks, beat well.
- Scrape in cooled chocolate, beat until blended.
- Add almonds and extract, beat until combined.
- Beat egg whites until peaks begin to form.
- Add remaining sugar, beating until whites are glossy and firm.
- Add a big dollop to cake batter and stir well, then fold in remaining whites.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Invert cake, remove paper.
- Shortly before serving, peel and coarsely chop mangoes, wringing out mango skins over the fruit.
- Add raspberries and juice of half a lime.
- Toss to mix, serve alongside the cake.