Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The original version of this chili recipe is baked, but I find it easier to do on the stovetop. To bake, simply brown the meat and onions, and then combine everything in an oven-safe casserole and bake in a moderate oven for about an hour.
For many years I was unable to get green chilis, and I grew accustomed to the flavor of this chili without them. Thus I list them as optional.
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenders, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp powdered cumin
- 1 x 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 x 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans and navy beans also work)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 x 4 oz can of diced green chilis (optional)
- 1 box chicken broth (4 cups)
- shredded cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onion, garlic and cumin until onion is soft.
- Add chicken and cook until white or golden.
- Add beans, corn, chilis and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for at least an hour.
- Top with shredded cheese when serving.