- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Line bottoms of 2 x 9 inch round pans with wax paper lightly grease paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt in a med bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric beater on med no higher, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites, two at a time.
- Beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla beat until blended.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserts into the middle of the cake and nothing comes out clean.
- Cool layers in pans on wired rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and invert layers onto rack to cool completely.