Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Chung Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crumbled
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 8 small red potatoes chopped
- 1 pound dried white beans soaked overnight in enough cold water and drained
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In large pot heat olive oil over moderately high heat and cook onion,celery, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary stirring occasionally until onion and celery are translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1minute then add carrots, red potatoes, beans, stock and 5 cups of water and bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer soup covered for 2 hours.
- Stir in the wine and additional stock or water to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove bay leaf.
- In a blender purée 2 cups of the soup until smooth and stir into soup.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.
- Serve soup with Parmesan sprinkled over top.