Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Diabetes Food And Nutrition Bible by Hope Warshaw
- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp minced green pepper
- 2 tbsp unbleached white flour
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2½ cups fat-free, reduced-fat chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked white navy beans or cannellini beans
- 1 cup white corn (frozen or fresh)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garnish: ¼ cup minced parsley
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, and green pepper and saute for * 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour and cumin over the onion mixture and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the parsley and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and cover,and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
Nutrition information Edit
Per serving (1 cup):
- 197 Calories: 197 | 3g Fat | 0g Cholesterol | 204mg Sodium | 34g Carbs | 7g Dietary Fiber | 5g Sugars | 11g Protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 2 starch | 1 very lean meat