Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
My other grandmother's recipe.
- 2 (14½ ounces) cans white asparagus, drained reserving liquid
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- ½ cup asparagus water
- ½ cup milk
- 4 ounces cooked ham, cut into julienne strips
- ⅓ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Drain asparagus spears, reserving ½ cup of the liquid.
- Beat margarine in a saucepan.
- Add flour; blend.
- Gradually pour in asparagus liquid and milk.
- Stir constantly over low heat until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Add cooked ham and seasonings.
- Gently stir in asparagus spears; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve in preheated serving dish.