Be sure to do things gently and slowly to preserve the eggnog's fluffiness.
- Eggnog from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time:
- Serves: 6
- 8 eggs (separated into yolks/whites)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups whiskey
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Beat egg-yolks with ½ of sugar, set aside.
- Beat egg-whites until stiff, then mix in other ½ of sugar.
- Pour the yolks into the whites and mix together slowly.
- Stir in white rum slowly
- Stir in milk slowly
- Stir in whiskey slowly
- Stir in ½ of cream slowly
- Whip rest (½) of cream and fold in carefully.
- Serve at room temperature by ladling into cups and sprinkle nutmeg one top.