In Romanian: Fasole boabe batuta.
- 1 lb / 500 g dried beans
- 3 qts / 3 l water
- 3 large onions
- 3 - 4 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- minced garlic (optional)
- Pick, wash and pre-soak the beans the night before. The next day, set to boil, let bubble for a minute, then drain the water.
- Replace the water with some warm water. Let it come to a boil again and then again, drain the water. Repeat this procedure of changing the water three times.
- Let the beans boil in the third water until done. Drain and sieve. Fry the finely chopped onion until golden and add the paprika.
- Place the sieved beans in a bowl and pour all the shortening remaining from frying the onion over them. Then beat with a spoon until creamy. If the cream seems too thick, it may be thinned with a little liquid from the boiling of beans.
- Add salt and minced garlic. Place the whipped beans on plates. Sprinkle fried onions on top and garnish all around the plate with pickled peppers, cucumbers or other pickles.