Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Coliva
- ½ pound / 250 g ground wheat
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz / 100 g sugar or to taste
- 4 oz / 100 g ground walnuts or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or lemon zest
- fine bread crumbs
- confectioner's sugar / coffee and small colored candy for topping
- Boil the ground wheat at low to medium temperature.
- Start with cold water.
- Add a little salt and sugar to taste.
- When it is well boiled and the liquid is almost gone, set aside from the heat to cool off.
- Add ground walnuts.
- Mix well.
- Add cinnamon or lemon zest.
- Arrange on a large platter on top of a sheet of parchment paper.
- Smooth the top with a wet knife.
- On top, sprinkle some fine bread crumbs, then either confectioner's sugar or ground coffee.
- Decorate with small colorful candies.