Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from a vegetarian cooking class I took.It makes a great substitute for meat loaf!It is NOT low fat but,it is VERY good!It makes great sandwiches the day after too.Just slice and put on some whole Wheat bread with a little extra ketchup.YUMMY!
- 1 cup finley ground raw not toasted walnuts (I use my blender to do this)
- 1 cup wheat germ (also raw)
- 1 cup grated mild Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato juice
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 large Onion, finley chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the nuts,wheat germ and Cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Turn all of the mixture into a WELL oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- I glaze this with ketchup (fruit sweetened) about the last 5 minutes of baking.
- I also let this sit in the loaf pan for 5–10 minutes to firm up a little before removing.
- Serve like"meat loaf" with your favorite sides!