Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe makes eight cups.
- 5 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup rye, barley or soy flakes, or a combination
- 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds or use a mixture of almonds and peanuts
- ¼ cup dried coconut (sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup smooth all-natural peanut butter or sesame butter (tahini) or a combination
- ¼ cup liquid sweetener (honey maple syrup, molasses,or a combination)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1½ cup dried fruit (such as raisins cranberries, cherries, blueberries, apricots, chopped dates, dried apple, or a combination of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 275 °F.
- Spray a large roasting pan or baking dish with nonstick coating.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, rye or other flakes, nuts, coconut and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the sesame or peanut butter, water, liquid sweetener and vanilla, blending well.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients and toss with a fork until well mixed and most of the flakes are coated.
- Pour granola into the prepared pan, spread evenly, and roast (covered), for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes (be sure to move granola that is touching the sides of the pan to the centre to avoid burning).
- Remove from oven and cool completely; then add the fruits and seeds and mix well.
- Store in jars or airtight containers.