This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 Pounds raw beets
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 Pinch allspice
- 1 Pinch ground cloves
- Place beets in a pot with enough water to cover them
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours.
- Cool beets under cold running water
- Peel off skin and slice or dice to your preference.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Stir in vinegar and spices and pour hot mixture over beets.
- Let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve Cold.