Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 Pounds raw beets
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 Pinch allspice
- 1 Pinch ground cloves
- Place beets in a pot with enough water to cover them
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 3 hours.
- Cool beets under cold running water
- Peel off skin and slice or dice to your preference.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil
- Stir in vinegar and spices and pour hot mixture over beets.
- Let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve Cold.