Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups warm beef broth
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg -- beaten
- ¼ cup bacon grease or margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups flour (white, oat, or rye)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 2 cups cracked wheat
- ¾ cup wheat bran
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups whole wheat flour -- (approximately)
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine beef broth, milk, honey, egg, bacon grease or margarine, and salt.
- Add yeast/water mixture and mix well.
- Stir in flour, corn meal, wheat germ, cracked wheat, wheat bran, oatmeal, and cheese.
- Add whole wheat flour, ½ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead in the final amounts of flour by hand to make a stiff dough.
- Continue to knead for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pat or roll to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into bone shapes and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover lightly and let set (rise) for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a 350°F degree oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Prepare topping during last few minutes.
- Turn off oven heat.
- Remove biscuits from oven.
- Immediately dip biscuits in topping.
- Return them to oven and leave biscuits in oven for several hours or overnight.