Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced Potato
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 7 oz. soy “Sausage,” crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced red or green peppers
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 4 Tbs. shredded low-fat Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tbs. minced parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or until potatoes begin to turn golden. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add remaining butter, Onion, “Sausage,” peppers, salt and pepper. Sauté until Onion and “Sausage” begin to brown, for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Beat yolks until slightly thick. Beat whites until foamy and slightly stiff. Fold whites into yolks, and stir in 2 tablespoons Cheese. Pour eggs over “Sausage” mixture. Cook over medium heat until eggs begin to firm on bottom, lifting edges of eggs and letting uncooked eggs run underneath.
4. Put skillet under broiler, and cook egg mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until top begins to brown and eggs firm up throughout. Remove from oven, and slide omelet onto serving dish. Garnish with remaining Cheese and parsley before serving.