Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch broccoli
- ⅓ cup shopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Combine cornstarch, chicken broth and lemon juice in a small saucepan then cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thickened.
- Stir in sugar, lemon rind and pepper.
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli then remove tough ends of lower stalks and wash broccoli thoroughly.
- Cook covered in small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes then drain and arrange on serving platter.
- Spoon sauce and pecans over broccoli and serve immediately.