- Make cupcakes according to the recipe on the box. Cool completely.
- Place a large scoop of frosting on each cupcake.
- Spread a layer of frosting over each cupcake, but leave a big dollop in the center.
- Working form the outside it, stick the prongs of a fork into the top layer of frosting and gently pull it out to create a furlike texture. Repeat until the frosting is textured and evenly distributed.
- Use M&M's for eyes, a jelly bean for the nose, a flattened gumdrop for the tongue, and the white part of candy corn for fangs.
- For a pointy nose, place a gumdrop under the icing in the center and half a jelly bean flat on top.