When i was a little girl, my Mom had a good friend named Greta, who would make this for us. I've never tried it on my own, Though. i Might. Enjoy.
- Contributed by: World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Pound veal gently to an even ⅛ inch thickness.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper
- Dip veal scallops in flour, then eggs and bread crumbs.
- Melt butter in large skillet until very hot; fry veal scallops, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- Remove veal scallops to a heated platter.
- Add lemon juice to pan drippings; Cool for 2 to 3 minutes. oour over veal scallops and garnish with lemon slices.
- Combine eggs and milk; Stir in flour, salt and nutmeg. Beating until smooth.
- Drop dough by teaspoons into nutmeg, beating until smooth.
- Drop dough by teaspoons into boiling water (or pass dough through colander);
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and toss with butter or melt butter in skillet and gently fry spaetzle until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.