Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yields 1 stack per serving
- 4 points
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 4 frozen hash brown potato patty, prepared without fat
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 oz Canadian-style bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp scallions, minced, green part only
- ⅛ tsp hot pepper sauce, optional
- ⅛ tsp table salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 8 tsp ketchup, hot and spicy variety (optional)
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Place hash brown patties in skillet; cook over medium heat on first side until golden brown, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- Flip patties; cook until golden brown on second side, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, coat a second large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, egg whites, bacon, scallion, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; pour into prepared skillet and then increase heat to medium.
- Let eggs partially set and then scramble using a spatula.
- When eggs are set, but slightly glossy, remove from heat; cover to keep warm until hash browns are finished cooking.
- To assemble stacks, place 1 hash brown patty on each of 4 plates.
- Top each with ¼ of egg mixture and serve with 2 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
Finely diced turkey bacon makes a nice alternative to the Canadian bacon in this recipe. Just make sure to cook the bacon before adding it to the eggs.