Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cherri Langley said the recipe is from Simply Light Cooking cookbook she obtained at a Weight Watchers meeting. Said cookbook was just great!
- Makes 12 muffins.
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 tsp flour
- 1½ oz uncooked yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ lbs apples, cored, pared, finely chopped..wt before cutting
- ½ cup corn, thawed frozen
- 2¼ oz cheddar, reduced fat, shredded
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- ⅓ cup corn oil
- 2 tsp corn oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Add apples, corn, cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and oil; stir into flour mixture (Do not overbeat. The mixture will be stiff).
- Fill baking cups and bake in center of oven for 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
One muffin= 1½ f, ½ p, 1 b, ¼ f, 25 optional cal.