Cherri Langley said the recipe is from Simply Light Cooking cookbook she obtained at a Weight Watchers meeting. Said cookbook was just great!
- Makes 12 muffins.
- 1⅔ cup flour
- 1 tsp flour
- 1½ oz uncooked yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ lbs apples, cored, pared, finely chopped..wt before cutting
- ½ cup corn, thawed frozen
- 2¼ oz cheddar, reduced fat, shredded
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- ⅓ cup corn oil
- 2 tsp corn oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line 12 muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- Add apples, corn, cheese, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- In small bowl, beat eggs and oil; stir into flour mixture (Do not overbeat. The mixture will be stiff).
- Fill baking cups and bake in center of oven for 15 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
One muffin= 1½ f, ½ p, 1 b, ¼ f, 25 optional cal.