A Catfish recipe.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten (or 2 egg whites)
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 u.s. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a sheet pan.
- Rub cut side of garlic on the pan.
- Mix egg or egg whites and milk in a shallow dish.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper in another shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper.
- Dip catfish fillets in the egg mixture, then roll in the Parmesan mixture until completely coated.
- Arrange fillets on the prepared pan and drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until flakes easily when tested with a fork.