This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Howell Estate in Canton, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds dried pinto beans
- 1 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 pounds dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage sliced
- 1 white onion quartered
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Wash beans and soak overnight.
- When ready to cook combine all ingredients in large pot and fill with water.
- Cook in 300°F oven for 6 hours.