Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Watson Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1991. Dated 1931. Notation on card said this was served every Sunday (with variations) for over 30 years in Grandpa Jack’s house. I have made these recipes with all variations (to follow) and there is not a bad one in the bunch. My favorite my far is the Bacon Waffles. Yummy.
- 2 cups corn flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-cup milk
- 2 cups canned whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Sift all dry ingredients first and then measure
- Beat the egg yolks, and then add the milk
- Stir liquid ingredients into the dry ones
- Add the corn and melted butter
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and fold into the batter
- Bake on a hot waffle iron for on3 minutes
- Turn off the power and let sit for another 2 minutes.