Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Watson Estate in McKinney, Texas in 1991. Dated 1931. Notation on card said this was served every Sunday (with variations) for over 30 years in Grandpa Jack’s house. I have made these recipes with all variations (to follow) and there is not a bad one in the bunch. My favorite my far is the Bacon Waffles. Yummy.
- 1/3-cup butter
- 1-cup molasses
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-teaspoon salt
- Put the butter and molasses in a pan and heat to boilingl
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and soda along with a well-beaten eggl
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to milk mixturel
- Bake in hot waffle iron for 1 minutel
- Turn off power and leave in iron for 3 minutes