Fruit & Vegetable Recipes II by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts or seeds
- To make dressing, process vinegar, preserves, oil, mustard and pepper in blender or food processor until blended. Chill until ready to serve.
- Divide romaine among 6 salad plates.
- Place watermelon on top of romaine. Sprinkle with feta and toasted nuts.
- Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.