A perfect side-kick to Salmon.
- 1 each garlic clove, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid from a jar of pickled ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or rice-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 6 cup watercress, stemmed, washed, and dried
- 4 each scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, drained
- With the side of a chef's knife, mash garlic with salt. Place in a small bowl or a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add ginger liquid, lime juice (or vinegar), oil, honey and pepper; whisk or shake until blended.
- Place watercress, scallions and pickled ginger in a large bowl. Just before serving, toss with dressing.