Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cup watercress stems, trimmed
- ¾ cup fresh small basil leaves
- ¼ cup minced garlic
- ½ cup good-quality olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup finely ground pecans
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon milk or water (optional)
- In a blender combine watercress, basil, garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan; Blend to form a paste.
- Add cream and blend only until mixed; do not over blend.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in pecans and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mixture will thicken as it stands.
- If desired, add a tablespoon of milk or water to thin it out before serving.
- Mixture will keep up to 10 days, refrigerated.