Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spicy Japanese-style peas.
- Source: Gourmet Sleuth
- Contributed by Linda Furiya of the San Francisco Chronicle
- Yield: 4 cups
- Soak the peas in water to cover overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Drain the peas, then cook them according to instructions on the package.
- Mix the olive oil with the cooked peas until well coated.
- Oil a baking sheet and spread the peas evenly across it.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 hours, until the peas appear dry and are crisp when bitten into.
- Combine the wasabi powder, tahini, rice vinegar and mustard in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the wasabi mixture with the hot peas making sure that all the peas are evenly coated.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the peas on the baking sheet, separating as many as you can.
- Increase the oven temperature to 250°F.
- Bake the peas for 10 to 15 minutes, until the coating is dry.