Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
This is a great (gluten-free) alternative to oatmeal — you’ll get an extra kick of protein from the quinoa!
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (red or white)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp agave nectar (could also use maple syrup or honey)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- handful chopped or slivered almonds
- ½ cup choice of fruit (strawberries, raspberries, peaches)
- Bring almond milk to a simmer.
- Add quinoa and let it cook down, until most of the almond milk has been absorbed, 3-4 mins.
- Add agave and vanilla and stir.
- Turn off heat.
- Add flax seed, almonds and fruit.
- Pour 2 tbsp almond milk on top, and stir.