Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For added color, combine a mix of red cherry tomatoes with yellow and/or orange cherry or pear-shaped tomatoes.
Warmed Tomato Salad with Fresh Mozzarella from the Public Health Cookbook -- original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- low fat cooking spray
- 2½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped shallots or onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, snipped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Spray a large skillet with low fat cooking spray then raise heat to medium heat.
- Add shallots (or onions), garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 2–3 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 1–2 minutes until tomatoes are warmed then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes with the mozzarella.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then toss to coat evenly.