Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Using fresh Scallops is the key to this simple salad.
- 1½ pounds sea scallops, patted dry (about 24)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup green onion, sliced (2 green onions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh preferred
- orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Season scallops with salt and pepper. Using one or two large non-stick skillets, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Add scallops and sauté until browned and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side (scallops should be opaque but not rubbery).
- Transfer scallops to a large bowl. Gently stir in green onions, lime juice and cilantro.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add pepper and corn. Sauté until softened and slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add to bowl of scallops. Serve warm atop orange slices (if using).