Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mason Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 bacon slices chopped
- 12 cups torn mustard greens stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and chopped
- 16 ounce can black-eyed peas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan then set bacon aside.
- Add greens and cook 4 minutes.
- Combine greens, salt and black pepper in a large bowl then set aside.
- Add oil to pan then stir in onions, caraway seeds, garlic and jalapeño then cook 1 minute.
- Add peas and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add pea mixture to greens mixture then sprinkle with reserved bacon.