- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a small saucepan, toss the quinoa in, add one tablespoon olive oil, stir, pour in the water, salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Pour one tablespoon olive oil into a nonstick pan and sauté the chopped onions, zucchini, currants, parsley or basil, curry, paprika and lemon juice over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the quinoa into the sauté pan and mix thoroughly with a spoon until it is blended with the vegetables to make an aromatic stuffing. Remove from heat.
- Create a lid for each tomato by cutting a star shape around the stem about ¼-inch deep. Remove the top and set it aside.
- Scoop out the seeds of each tomato and some of the loose pulp, being careful to leave a strong wall of tomato all around.
- Spoon equal amounts of the stuffing into the cavities of each tomato, filling them up generously.
- Put the tomatoes in a small ceramic or glass baking dish and garnish with a sprinkle of bread crumbs and one teaspoon Parmesan cheese per tomato.
- Cover the baking dish with a glass lid or foil and bake for 25 minutes. Tomatoes should be firm and easy to transfer from the baking dish to the serving plates.
- Garnish by putting the star-shaped tomato lids back on top of each tomato.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.