Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Cook potatoes with skins on until soft then cool peel and cube.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Add onions and cook until tender.
- Drain off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and pepper then and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in vinegar and water and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add potatoes and garnish with parsley.
- Serve warm.