Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 25 servings
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1½ cups ( 354 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 g) date sugar
- 4 tablespoons (50 g) margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ( 5 ml) ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cloves
- 2 cups (280 g) unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch (22.5 cm) square baking pan with cooking spray in a heavy saucepan, simmer the water and date sugar for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine margarine, spices, and cooled date sugar mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and egg.
- Mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until gingerbread pulls away and springs back when touched.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cake to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cut into 25 squares.
Nutrition information Edit
- 84 calories (21% calories from fat) | 2g protein | 2g total fat (0.8g saturated fat) | 16g carbohydrate | trace dietary fiber | 9mg cholesterol | 71mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (bread/starch)