Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a quick and easy to prepare salad.
- 4 oz thick-sliced bacon, cut crosswise into ¾-inch pieces
- freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 small shallot, finely minced
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 3 cups green cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup crumbled Roquefort
- In a skillet, cook bacon over moderate heat. Season with ground pepper. Cook until crisp.
- Drain and remove excess oil by placing cooked bacon on absorbent paper.
- In a saucepan, put wine and shallots. Simmer until reduced to a thick syrup.
- Whisk in cream, mustard, salt and pepper. Continue to simmer until thickened.
- Cook green cabbage for 2 minutes over moderately high heat in the skillet where bacon was cooked.
- Place green cabbage in a bowl.
- Cook red cabbage in the same skillet for 2 minutes.
- Add in green cabbage and vinegar. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cream mixture and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- Serve topped with bacon and crumbled Roquefort.