- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large wheel brie, unripe
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds -- lightly toasted
- ½ cup grapes -- sliced in half
- 1 loaf crusty bread -- sliced
- Peel, quarter and slice apples.
- Sprinkle the apples with lemon juice to prevent discoloring; set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Chop the onion.
- Add onions and sauté until lightly brown and caramelized.
- Remove from pan to a plate; set aside.
- Add honey and sugar to pan and stir until it has liquified.
- Add apples and continue stirring until apples are almost cooked.
- Add grapes and raisins.
- Continue cooking until sugar has caramelized.
- Pour the apple mixture into a 2 quart ceramic souffle dish or other ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Cut brie into 1" chunks and spread evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 400°F for 12–15 minutes or until cheese has melted and turned lightly golden.