Makes 6 servings.
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 x 3-ounce package cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms; cook until soft, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add rice; stir until well blended and heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine rice mixture, spinach, Parmesan cheese, walnuts, salt and pepper. Toss well.