This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 bottles red wine
- 1 orange studded with cloves
- 2 oranges sliced
- 2 lemons sliced
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 inch cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh root ginger
- 2 tablespoons apricot brandy
- Place all ingredients in a pan with 2 pints water and heat to simmer point.
- Stir until honey has dissolved.
- Do not boil or alcohol will evaporate.