Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds skin-on chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large onions cut into narrow wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- lemon, lime and orange wedges
- Mix 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper flakes and black pepper in dish.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil until hot in large skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet in single layer and cook over medium heat until browned about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and brown other side about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook stirring often about 8 minutes or until chicken and onions are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lime juice.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with citrus wedges.