This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wagner Estate in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds skin-on chicken parts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large onions cut into narrow wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- lemon, lime and orange wedges
- Mix 3 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, salt, thyme, pepper flakes and black pepper in dish.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Heat oil until hot in large skillet.
- Place chicken in skillet in single layer and cook over medium heat until browned about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and brown other side about 5 minutes.
- Add onion to pan and cook stirring often about 8 minutes or until chicken and onions are cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and curry powder to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lime juice.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with citrus wedges.