Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Recipe supplied by Tracey Beaton of NaiveSpice Hampers & Catering
- 400 g smoked salmon
- ½ tbsp freshly ground salt
- ¼ tbsp white sugar
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 shot (40 ml) vodka (citrus-flavoured is even better)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pieces preserved lemon rind, finely diced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp citrus zest (lemon, orange or lime)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add vodka and lemon juice and stir until dissolved.
- Add zest, dill, preserved lemon rind, red onion and olive oil.
- Place smoked salmon in a shallow casserole dish and pour over dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (over night is better).
- To serve, strain off any excess liquid and mound on a chilled serving platter.