Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Williams Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound boneless round steak
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- ¼ cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried mushrooms
- 1 package frozen green beans
- 1 jar sliced pimentos drained
- 2 potatoes boiled reserving liquid
- Coat beef with flour and pound into meat then brown in oil in heavy skillet.
- Push beef aside and cook and stir onions in oil until tender.
- Add enough water to potato liquid to measure one cup then mix with peppers, salt, Worcestershire sauce, marjoram and pepper.
- Pour over meat and add onions then heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender.
- Rinse beans under running cold water and separate.
- Add potatoes, beans and pimentos to skillet then heat to boiling then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until beans are tender.