Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 15 oz beans
- 21 oz sauerkraut
- 1 lb salt pork
- 1 lb potatoes
- ½ cup fat
- 1 tbsp flour (heaping)
- 1 onion
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- peppercorns, to taste
- 5 tbsp sour cream
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Cut the sauerkraut into strips.
- Cook the meat, potatoes, beans and sauerkraut separately. # When the meat is cooked, bone it and cut into cubes.
- Dice the potatoes.
- Crush the beans.
- Make a roux with the fat, flour and onion.
- Put meat and vegetables into a pot; add the roux and the bay leaves. Cover with the stock; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Before serving, add the sour cream.