Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Homemade cherry wine
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 lbs cherries with the pitts, washed and stemmed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2¼ cups eau-de-vie
- 9 cups red wine
- Put the cherries in a saucepan along with the sugar and vanilla bean.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain the juice and allow to cool.
- In a large, wide-brimmed jar, mix the strained juice with the eau-de-vie.
- Seal the jar and place in a cool dark place for 15 days.
- After 15 days, add the wine to the cherry eau-de-vie.
- If making the wine for gifts, pour into decorative bottles and seal.
- Store the bottles, tightly sealed in a cool, dark place.
- Serve very well chilled as an apéritif or as a dessert wine.