Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vietnamese Roll (chả giò) (know to foreigners as spring rolls) is one of Vietnam's national dishes. It can be made in families or exits on menus of restaurants for their parties. This dish is used alone as hors d’oeuvre or rolled in lettuces with fresh rice noodles.
- 40 pieces edible rice paper with 15 cm diameter
- 500 g hashed pork (slightly fatty) or chicken
- 100 g crab meat or shrimp, well mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 50 g chopped wood ear mushrooms
- 200 g minced pachyrhizus (or jícama
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, black or white
- 500g fresh rice noodles
- Some lettuce, basil, and mint
- A few garlic cloves, red chiles, sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce, water
- Combine pork and crab meat with, wood ears, onion, salt, pachyrhizus, pepper and few sugar.
- Wipe each piece rice paper by a wet cloth.
- Take one tablespoon stuffing, and put on rice paper.
- Turn the sides in roll up.
- Fry them in oil deeply, with medium heat, until done, and drain on paper towel.
- Extra sauce made by fish sauce, lemon juice, hashed garlic and red chili, sugar and water.