Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thit Bo Vien are Vietnamese Beef balls. They can be added to any noodle soup.
- ¼ cup Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs beef shank
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Boil a big pot of water or broth.
- Cut meat into chunks and ground the meat in a food processor. Partially frozen meat will ground better.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients one at time slowly while grinding the meat to ensure it's mixed in well with the meat.
- Keep grinding until you get a very fine paste with no lumps and no grits.
- Roll the paste into a ball and drop into the boiling water or broth.
- When the balls surface to the top, then they are done. Take them out.
- They can be enjoyed right away or frozen to later use.