Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4
- 450 g / 1 lb potatoes
- 4 frankfurters
- 2 onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 tinned anchovy fillets, desalted and finely chopped
- 50 g / 2 oz gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the potatoes then cook in boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Place the frankfurters in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cut into slices.
- In a bowl, beat together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain the potato slices and arrange in a large bowl together with the frankfurter slices and onion rings.
- Pour the dressing over the warm salad, mix well and leave for 10 minutes.
- To serve - sprinkle the chopped anchovies and gherkins over the salad and serve immediately.