In Romanian: Colac vienez
- 6 oz / 150 g butter
- 6 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons cubed sugared orange peel
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Roll a square shaped sheet of dough, about a finger thick.
- Then spread the butter mixture, uniformly, over the dough.
- Sprinkle the orange peel on top.
- Then fold the dough three ways (three-fold), so that the right third comes over the left third.
- Cut it lengthwise in three equal strips and braid.
- Join the ends securely and arrange the braid in a round pan that was covered with buttered paper.
- Let it rise a little in the pan and then set into the oven, at low heat, until well risen, then at medium heat.
- Remove from the pan after is has cooled off.