Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Colac vienez
- 6 oz / 150 g butter
- 6 oz / 150 g confectioner's sugar
- 3 tablespoons cubed sugared orange peel
- Mix the butter with the sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Roll a square shaped sheet of dough, about a finger thick.
- Then spread the butter mixture, uniformly, over the dough.
- Sprinkle the orange peel on top.
- Then fold the dough three ways (three-fold), so that the right third comes over the left third.
- Cut it lengthwise in three equal strips and braid.
- Join the ends securely and arrange the braid in a round pan that was covered with buttered paper.
- Let it rise a little in the pan and then set into the oven, at low heat, until well risen, then at medium heat.
- Remove from the pan after is has cooled off.