Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Printey Estate in Forney, Texas in 2001.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup cold unsalted butter sliced into pieces
- ½ cup currants
- 2 beaten eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Sift dry ingredients then add butter then stir in currants.
- Combine eggs and cream in a separate bowl and add to the flour mixture then blend batter until smooth then pat into a mound measure ¾ inch thick.
- But into triangles and sprinkle with sugar cinnamon topping.
- Bake in 375°F oven for 25 minutes.